|Use the Tasks List to assign a task to an employee or team member, specify its
due date and priority, and indicate its status and progress. You can easily view all tasks or a selection of tasks.
|The following predefined views are available on the Tasks page, which is accessible by clicking
on the title bar of the Tasks list:|
||All tasks in the list
||Tasks that are assigned to you|
||Tasks that are due today|
||Tasks that are not yet complete|
|By Assigned To
||Tasks sorted by the name of the person to whom they
From the main Tasks List window, as shown above, click on the Add new item
link to display the New Item window
Edit a task
- In the Title box, type a heading for the task.
This field is required.
- In the Priority field, select the important of this task from the drop-down list
- Leave the Status field set at the default of "Not Started"
- In the Assigned To field, select the team member from the drop-down list
- Type the details of the task in the Description field
- In the Start Date and Due Date boxes, click the calendar , select a date, and then select a
time in the hour and minutes boxes.
- Click on the Attach File button to attach a file to your item. This is especially useful for
instructions, notes or other information that pertains to the task.
- Click on Save and Close.
Delete a task
- From any view of the Tasks List, click on the item to display the details
- Click on
the Edit Item button in the top toolbar of the task detail page
- Change the information
- Click on Save and Close
- From any
view of the Tasks List, click on the item to display the details
- Click on the Delete Item button in the top toolbar of the task detail page
- Click OK to confirm.